Due to COVID-19 and the guidelines issued by the State of NJ, we have made changes to our processes related to games and events. These were put in place for the protection of all of our players, coaches, umpires, staff and visitors and we appreciate everyone's understanding.
Everyone at the complex will need to adhere to the following posted guidelines:
COVID-19 Soldier Memorial Park Softball Guidelines
These guidelines apply to ALL practices, games and events
**Updated September 10, 2020
- All players, coaches and umpires are encouraged to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Parents and spectators should remain in their cars during warm-ups and wait until 15 minutes before game time to go to spectator area.
- Parents and spectators must view games from behind the outfield fence where lower fence begins or behind yellow caution tape where marked.
- Non-family household members must remain 6’ apart from other spectators
- Masks will need to be worn in common areas, snack stand area and whenever moving throughout the complex.
- BLEACHERS ARE CLOSED AND ARE NOT TO BE USED.
- Team dugouts/player area will be extended to include the area from the dugout to backstop and dugout to the end of the high fence. Signs are posted and marked at 6’ intervals for players to appropriately distance themselves.
- No more than 5 people are allowed in the actual dugout at any time
- Pre-game meetings must maintain social distancing. 1 coach from each team only standing apart on far batter’s box line + umpires. No contact or shaking of hands. If “pay at the plate”, $ must go from coach to umpire directly.
- We encourage fans and players to utilize personal hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Once your game is completed, please vacate the dugout immediately and please make sure teams clean up trash in all player areas prior to vacating the area.
- All team meetings should be held in common area and with players maintaining social distancing. Teams should leave complex immediately after games are completed.
- No sunflower seeds are permitted in the complex.
- Please refrain from spitting.
- Please place all garbage in the trash cans.
Team check-in at Tournaments
Part of the requirements the State of NJ has put in place requires the asking of health questionnaire and verifying temperatures of all players, coaches, umpires, volunteers and staff. In addition, we are going to require the signing of a waiver form.
Please have your team arrive 90 minutes prior to game time as it will take some time to go through the check-in process.
The process at NJ Heat Events will be as follows until further notice:
- Coaches will be emailed a Team Roster Form that will need to be completed prior to arrival and brought with them to the complex. We will need Team Name, Head Coach Name and Email Address along with the names of coaches and players that are participating.
- Once your whole team has arrived please bring everyone to check-in. We will have 3-4 stations for your team available to help expedite the process.
- The Head Coach will need to provide the completed form, a copy of their insurance and their waiver to the person checking-in your team.
- The person checking-in your team will ask a series of health questions and take temperature with an infrared thermometer for all players and coaches.
- Forehead infrared temperature readings of 99.5 or below will be cleared to participate. If a temperature registers over 99.5, we will notify the Head Coach and retake temperature with a second infrared thermometer. If the results are the same, we will take temperature with an ear thermometer. Temperatures higher than 100.4 using an ear thermometer will not be allowed to play and will be asked to leave the complex immediately. We recommend that parents check players temperatures prior to leaving home. Temperature checks will be noted as a pass/fail and not the actual temperature. **Please note that all information will be kept confidential**
- At completion of check-in, all participants will be given a bracelet that will need to be worn the remainder of the day at the complex.
- Events that include a 2nd day will have a modified process, but will still include the entire team to check-in.
- Each team will be provided hand sanitizer and a towel for their team and to sanitize the ball throughout the game as needed.
Please note that parents and spectators will not need to go through this process.